Sandgate Station Upgrade
Project Location: Sandgate, Brisbane
Client: Queensland Rail
Project Value: Part of the $200m QR Station Upgrade Program
Schedule: Completed 2013
The Sandgate station upgrade project will deliver improved accessibility and an increased level of safety and comfort for customers, including:
- improved access paths to and from the station platforms
- new footbridge, stairs, lifts and ramps
- improved way-finding measures including tactile ground surface indicators, signage, passenger information displays, and audible communications
- improved lighting for station platforms, buildings and access paths
- upgraded station building and amenities
- improved waiting shelters
- platform raising to improve access for customers boarding or detraining their service, by minimizing the gap between the platform edge and train.
Bellwether provided a detailed construction methodology and program during the early planning stages of this project. The methodology included a detailed lift study to remove the existing timber pedestrian overpass and replace it with a new composite structure.