SunWater Fairbairn Dam
Project Location: Fairbairn Dam, QLD
Project Value: Circa $45m
Schedule: March 2017 –2019
Inspections of Fairbairn Dam detected the condition of the original spillway drainage system has deteriorated and is no longer functioning efficiently. SunWater will undertake works to ensure the dam spillway continues to function as designed.
The Fairbairn Dam Spillway will undergo works involving:
- the modification of drain outlets;
- the repair and replacement of blocked drains;
- the replacement of the steel anchors;
- the filling of any voids under the concrete slabs of the spillway; and
- the construction of a mass reinforced concrete overlay to accommodate the steel anchors.
The implementation of this work is to be carried out by way of an in-house SunWater project management team located at the site overseeing several contractors performing specific tasks and a small direct works team to simplify the interface activities and provide the services required by the contractors such as power, water, roading and environmental controls.
Bellwether provided a detailed construction execution plan, P90 cost estimate as well as in-field construction supervision.