Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET)
Project Location: Gladstone
Client: Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET)
Project Value: $2.5b
Schedule: 2012 - 2014
- Rail receival dump station
- 5.5km long overland conveyor
- Stockyard area for 1.9 million tonnes of coal
- Materials handling and sampling systems feeding the 2km long jetty conveyor
- Single berth with travelling ship loader to fill ships at 8,250 tonnes per hour
- Channels and wharf to accept a range of vessels from 40,000dwt to 220,000dwt
- 132kV substation, access roads, workshops, administration offices and amenities
In early 2013, the project was hit by three significant storm events. These events halted construction works and caused considerable delay and disruption costs to the project.
Bellwether provided forensic / technical engineering services to assist WICET in preparing for commercial claims submitted by the Contractor. Services included;
- Review Outline of Claim and Expert Report documents submitted by the Contractor
- Investigate Technical Queries, Variation Directions, Construction Schedules, Site Diaries and Photos to compile evidence against the Contractors Extension of Time Claims.
- Query Field Engineers and Site Supervisors on allegations made by the Contractor in the Extension of Time Claims / Notice of Delays.
- Undertake analysis of potential back charges.
Formalise summary documents for submission for matters which are in dispute to the legal counsel.